![]() |
| Indigo Plant from http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/prairie/plantx/bl_indigox.htm |
In other news, a certain Hungarian friend of mine instructed me that it is only proper to "tie up" my belly after birth so that I am not left with stretched out skin like Octo-Mom. Because I have a pretty good body image I did not boot her from my house, even though it was only 4 days after Indigo's birth. She was shocked to hear that I had NO plans to wear a girdle or corset & informed me that in Hungary the ladies all did this because Queen Maria Theresa always wore a girdle after birth, and she had 16 kids & a small waist circumference.
Of course, I had to look up a picture of Queen Maria Theresa:
Personally, I don't think the girdle helped much, do you?
![]() | ||
| Courtesy of Wikipedia |
This one's a little better:
![]() |
| Courtesy of Wikipedia |
Hhmm...so, to girdle or not to girdle?
After feeling uncomfortable for the last 7 months, I don't plan to purposefully put myself through any more torture, but i guess if i have 16 kids i'll have to consider it ( :



4 comments:
Listen here.
I personally don't care (no offense, of course) how long Wild Baptisia bloom, if Mandy is tied up, or if there is an attractive picture of Queen somebody-or-nother who birthed an insane amount of children... although I will admit that your light-hearted tone, personal stories, and well-placed artwork made this blog reading quite enjoyable...
BUT BACK TO MY POINT!
WHO HAS TIME FOR QUEEN BAPTISIA'S BLOOMERS IF THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF INDIGO JOY?
just sayin' is all.
This post made me laugh a lot! If I had to guess...it's highly unlikely you'll be needing any sort of girdle. :) Oh Queen Maria...what a beaut!
i'd say with that first picture, we'd better all avoid girdles. :)
haha Kristi, i do need to get some more pics of Indigo! I guess that's what happens with a 2nd child ( : but i know i'll regret it if i don't start taking them...i told trent that this weekend i wanted to have a "photo shoot" so we'll see what happens...
Post a Comment