It really got me thinking about how I want hospitality to play out in our lives. T & I love spending time with people, and we love a clean house-don't we all?-so how do I balance spending time with others & just enjoying them as well as trying to set a fun table & having a clutter free minimalist abode? ( :
I read The Reluctant Entertainer (by Sandy Coughlin) & it put into words what I've been thinking about since eating granola @ Vicki's.
"When it comes to hospitality, the fact is, perfectionism is downright selfish. It's cruel to you and others. It undercuts your efforts to create true hospitality, which has more to do with creating the right mood than the perfect piecrust."
I really liked her 10 COMMANDMENTS of ENTERTAINING, which I copied (with permission) from her website.
Anyways, I guess it's about more than entertaining for us; somehow, in this culture of texting, FB, and yes,
blogging ( :
Christ-centered hospitality seems to be a way to extend grace & build truly intimate relationships that will bring glory to HIM.
And you may be wondering what all this has to do with a Keg-a-Que (just like it sounds, a keg used for BBQ)? Not much, really, except that Trent got it from a client looking to unload some jun...i mean stuff...and he's certain we will use it in entertaining or camping. I'm not so certain and am willing to auction it off to the highest bidder.
Any offers?

3 comments:
wow, I learn something new everyday! a keg a que-- I never knew they existed!!! I think you should have a keg a que party to try it out!
hope to see you next week! We will be in the area and will be around on Wed night!
question... what is the difference... or IS there a difference between HOSTING and HOSPITALITY? Or is hosting preparing to be hospitable?
anyhow... :) LOVED your story and post, but I don't think we need a keg-a-que. Maybe we should have a 4th of July white elephant gift exchange...
@trish, it would be great to catch up, we'll see what happens! too bad you are not closer for our inevitable keg-a-que party!
@kristi, I think hosting is an opportunity to be hospitable, but that there are many other ways to show hospitality as well. The author's blog talked about making boxes of goodies for some college students-that's a great example of hospitality without opening your home, i thought...we're busy the 4th but i'm always up for a white elephant!!!
Post a Comment