11.28.2012

another perspective

One thing T & I have been spending time on lately is coordinating prayer team for Perspectives. I'm excited about the local Perspectives classes being offered! To find a class close to you, go to www.perspectives.org

I'm also excited that our class will be offering on-location childcare (for a nominal fee) & a hefty discount if you register by Dec 10th.





I also just wanted to address one thing, and I think our blog may be the place to do it. Sometimes there's lots of pressure as Christ-followers to "do".  I was a little hesitant to take the class because I was concerned they would overemphasize some of the "doing". However, we felt like God used Perspectives in our lives to teach us more about how to "be". I loved learning about the 6 roles in reaching others with the Gospel, and was surprised that only one of them was "GO". For us, the class actually equipped us to "send"and reminded us of the power of intercessory prayer to the One who is able. It was encouraging to see how the body of Christ, his church, is functioning together to share the glorious story of Jesus. Start watching the video, especially at 2:18 if you want to hear more about different ways to reach or check out the "6 Ways to Reach" video at www.perspectives.org 

As a side note, I really appreciated the sermon last week on Acts 10. Once again I was reminded of the heart of a Father God who intends for the hope of the Gospel to be for all nations. I am amazed at the ways the Lord is continually drawing all to himself.


Well, I committed one of my own pet peeves in this blog post. I mis-used "quotations" to "emphasize" things that should "not" be "quoted". Hopefully, the message was still clear ( :

2 comments:

Nichole said...

We so want to take the Perspectives class! Alas, it's just not feasible to take every Tuesday off for 14 weeks in a row....hopefully someday.

T and M said...

Nichole, we hope you guys have the chance to take the class someday-we learned a lot. However, I'm sure you're experiencing lots of teachable moments right where you're at right now at GW too ( :