2.12.2015

take two 25+ years later


Lately I've been hearing that our 2nd child looks like me. Aunt Mary sent me a fun picture of 3 or 4 year old me from 1 of the many great sleepovers at her place. This was my standard sleepover attire:



I have been unpacking boxes (yep still! it's taking a while because i'm making myself truly deal with them) from our last move and found the pictured tshirt & socks that hold so many memories. We decided to recreate the look with Indigo. So fun! What do you think, any resemblance between me & little miss spunky?


Ah guys, it's going so quick, this whole mothering thing. I know, I know-I can hear the snorts & chuckles across cyberspace from you who I've vented to & sought counsel from in the last year thru the ups & downs of daily life, but it's times like this that I'm still so thankful for the gift of who these kids are & the laugh-out-loud joy they bring to trent & I. And yeah, the kids are in bed right now, which does contribute a bit to the warm fuzzies about mothering ; )


Kids, a couple things I've been enjoying about you:
Tait-bugs, it's been a privilege to teach you this year. Yesterday you blew thru skip counting like a man on a mission to get to his lego time! I have loved creating and playing with you & can't believe how you are growing up. Today you entertained Olive & Jones like a champ, and I noticed you offered to help with lunch when it was taking a while. Nicely done. Dad & I both appreciate your sweet honesty & how you love Jesus. The Lord has a good plan for you to bring Him glory & He is preparing good works for you to walk in. He is trustworthy.


Miss Indigo, I don't know anyone who sings with as much enthusiasm as you do, and I love it! You are brave and just plain fun. You do so well at rejoicing with those who rejoice, and it's so fun to celebrate life with you. Our bedroom routine is always the same (for Tait too) and it's special; back scratches, singing a song, we start to leave, you ask me for "1 more thing" and want to know what we will be doing the next morning. This morning you made your bed all by yourself, including your giraffe blankie. It took 2 hours but it got done! The Lord has a good plan for you to bring Him glory & He is preparing good works for you to walk in. He is trustworthy.


Little miss, I love your personality that I am seeing more & more of each day! Seems you are feeling better and you are a big tease. You love animals & just adore Mr. Cuckoo Feathers himself. I'm thinking you are the practical joker of the family so far (watch out Tait) and your teasing is pretty funny. We love the cuddles! Only word so far is "mama", and you use it for everything-could be a lot worse   : ) Your dancing & head bobbing reminds me to chill out & take time to dance every so often.   
The Lord has a good plan for you to bring Him glory & He is preparing good works for you to walk in. He is trustworthy.

4 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

I think she looks like you ;)

emilykate said...

This is really sweet. And yes, she really does look like a mini you! I had to smile at the comment about parenting fuzzier when they're in bed. :) Thanks for the reminder about how fast it goes. I will need that perspective in a few weeks when I'm back to being up a night with a newborn.

leah said...

This is really special. You're kids will just love reading back on this some day and feel your deep love and specific affection.

And yes - you two look like twins!!!

J and M said...

Mandy- This was really fun. I thought they were both picutures of you before I read the comment below saying you recreated with Indi. I Love your thoughts to my sweet nieces and nephews- Each one is so special and different- it's so amazing to watch what God is shaping them into :) They are loved and special that's for sure! Love you lots!