8.18.2009

Phew, that was close!

Last night while shopping @ Meijer T & I arranged to meet in the "work-boot" aisle. When I got there I saw "him" bent over trying on boots while "Tait" was watching from the cart. Perfect wedgie opportunity, thought I, and moved in for the kill, when all of a sudden this dude's friend peered from around the shopping cart. Yikes! So it wasn't trent trying on shoes, just someone wearing a similar shirt, and the kid in the cart had looked remarkably like Tait from the corner of my eye! I am still cringing at how embarrassed I almost was! To think, I almost gave a perfect stranger a "hinder binder", to borrow a Leondaism. Trent was 1 aisle over and when I told him what I almost did he thought it served me right. And yes, I am a little embarrassed to broadcast my maturity level (or lack thereof) into cyberspace, but I thought it was funny, and yes-I did learn a little lesson in shopping etiquette.

In other news, Tait will be 11 months this week! Hard to believe. I just realized that on Sunday I kept telling people he was 10 months. Someone told me when he was born that to raise a child means to experience the longest days and the shortest years (source unknown) and it's proving true.

8 comments:

smw said...

mandy, that's so funny. i'm glad you didn't embarrass yourself, but i think you should be glad you have such lightheartedness and spunk. i wish more of mine remained. :)

Wee said...

Oh, my goodness, that's hilarious! So glad, for your sake, the dude's friend turned the corner just in time!

Nichole said...

mandy, that is funny! and kudos to you for admitting it, i would still be red and no where close to telling anyone! :) and i agree with the last comment you posted about the longest days and shortest years - so true!

Unknown said...

hahaha, oh mandy, that's so nice you were just trying to be like me on vacation- Or have you forgotten the rollerblading moment? :) From your dear sis-

Daish said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!

Andrea said...

i read this one to matt:) we're both laughing....he's had a "few" of those "hinder binder's" growing up.

Tianna said...

hmm... sounds just like you. not at all surprised. if people only knew. miss you!

T and M said...

Nat, I have not forgotten the rollerblading incident. I never forget an injustice!!! Never fear, your turn will come (evil snicker). M