8.04.2009

Yak rug problemo...

Sometimes people wonder what I do at home all day, so here's a recent blip:

Now that Tait is pretty much done puking (THANK YOU LORD! it about deserves a post of its own, less puking less laundry better weight gain) I decided it was time to wash the wool Flokati rug in Tait's room. In the beginning trent called it a yak rug b/c it looked like yak hair, but as Tait got older it was called the yak rug b/c he was always "yakking" in it, and honestly it was starting to smell-yes, very gross. Supposedly it can be machine washed, but it's 8x10 feet so it'd never fit in our washer. My plan was to take it to the laundromat but I realized when rolling it up that it'd never fit even into their industrial size washers. So I did something else:



Yup, into the tub with lots of Woolite. It was only after it was soaking and I was scrubbing away that I remembered how it was so heavy I almost couldn't get it into the bathroom, and-oops-now this huge yak rug was wet and pretty much an immovable wool mountain. I quickly ran through my options for drying off the rug:

A: Wait til Trent gets home and ask him
B: Call Trent and find out what time he's getting home
C: Leave it in the tub for a "surprise" for when Trent wants a hot shower after work

I crossed C off the list for the sake of our marriage ( : Poor Trent-This was his expression when I showed him the wet rug that was now smelling like wet dog. This was about the time when he was asking me why I was taking a picture of him and why I thought this was funny, and I was reminding him how boring his life would be without me, to which he promptly agreed.


We ended up using our neighbor's double clothesline-dragged the rug dripping through the house into their yard,entertained the neighbors i'm sure, it ended up raining before it was dry, so then we dragged it down into the basement and draped it over some pipes where it looked like a wooly mammoth on the prowl. But now...
Ta DA!!!


Clean clean rug and fresh smelling room!

T said that next time we will drape the rug over a clothesline and put woolite into the fertilizer adaptor on our garden hose and hose it down. Clever! Oh well, made for an adventure.

4 comments:

Mouseymom said...

HEEEheee! thanks for the entertainment! I will have to remind Nick that thanks to me his life is not dull. I do have a knack for creating situations!

Wee said...

Hilarious! What a great read. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Andrea said...

you are so funny mandy. i'm glad little tait now has a clean rug:)

Daish said...

You are so funny Mandy! :)