
So, hunting season has begun. And just to clarify, I do not have buck fever-trent does, and he has it bad. The other night he was shooting bow in the back yard while I watched Tait inside, but I could hear him hitting the target. Pfft! Pfft! Pfft! Thunk/Crash! Ok, hmm, that one missed.
T: "I'm missing one of my arrows".
Me: "Does it have anything to do with that loud crash I heard?"
T: "Crash? I didn't hear anything-maybe I hit the siding."
Me: "What if you hit one of the neighborhood cats?"
T: "Well, they have been digging up my new seeded grass..."
Of course this calls for Trent going to get his spelunking flashlight to search for his lost arrow, because after all it's almost dark, and why miss a chance to use the spelunking light? That's when I had to get some pics in between peals of laughter. It is very hard to take people seriously when they're wearing a spelunking light.


T: "You know those basement windows you never liked that well?"
Me: "uggh."
Yup, right through the basement window and -twang- into the workbench downstairs. It is a very good thing I was not doing laundry at the time! "I could have been kilt, or even worse!" I always suspected that there was something inherently dangerous about housework, and now my theory is justified.


Luckily, all this practice paid off. Trent got a nice buck last weekend.

Granted, a little more archery practice may be needed-T said he did not get in a very good shot-but a nice deer anyways. Now the question is where to put said dead deer's head? Trent voted for the living room, caleb voted for above our bed, and I am undecided-that means the basement ( : Any ideas?
9 comments:
The laundry room :-) Very nice post! Congrats Trent on your bag.
i think the basement sounds like a good bet. :)
Congratulations on your catch! How about mounting it above the work bench? (that way he'll have great memories every time he's "working" there) :)
i don't know if it's the spelunking light on his head or his face that would make this picture taking hard!! glad he got a good one!! i'd make him do the laundry!! :D
Given that your other decor is not deer-hunting-cabin-style, yeah, the basement. Sorry, Trent. Maybe you could put the pictures of your conquest up on the fridge for a while.
Love the spelunking headlight. I too keeled over with laughter the first time Adam pulled his out with his camping gear. Now, it's a staple at Gramm Camp. Willow wears one to play the guitar around the campfire. The practical uses are endless. :)
Jill, I'm glad to know my husband is not the only one with a spelunking light. I am also very pleased with the voting results so far: 5 votes for the basement (counting mine) vs. Trent's 1 vote for the living room. Never mind that we just got back from a marriage conference. Basement it is!
for years my dad has used a spelunking light when he goes out in the winter to chop wood. I agree, hard to take them seriously with that thing on their head! :) nice job, trent on the hunt :)
haha...this is funny Mandy!! Derek told me he caught one!! That is great!! I'd go for the basement, but that is me...haha...very cool though!! :)
Trent, that is a stud of a buck. Way to go. CKeever
Post a Comment