3.19.2010

Japan

So, we have 100's of pictures...I'm not even sure where to start...


Shinjuku-busiest train station in the world, averages about 3million people through it each day! Thankfully we had Caleb as our native guide.

Tokyo Tower-amazing views of the city.



We stood on the glass floor at the top of the tower-truly freaky, even if you're not scared of heights.



The Klaus Family-our wonderful gracious fun hosts! Taeko is the Japanese lady in the picture-she was an exchange student with Trent's Gma and has become a dear family friend. This was the highlight of our trip-spending time with family ( :
Traveling with Kristen & Benj was also so much fun!



I loved all the little cultural differences you find in a Japanese suburb. Here's all the vending machines across from the Klaus' house-cigarettes, hot drinks & soups, green tea, and of course-sodas.

6 comments:

smw said...

that glass floor sounds terrifying.

this trip seems like it would have been quite an experience. i can't imagine a train station that busy.!!!

bgerber18 said...

Sweet! I am Pumped to go this winter now!! if you guys want to come back to japan, you are welcome to come with Sam & Essie Kaufman, Myself, and any other leo people who want to come!!

T and M said...

Wow, don't tempt us, Ben!!! We would love to go back for another visit when the Kaufmans are there. Plus, 10 days just wasn't long enough ( :

Cassie said...

sounds like a fabulous time! I was in Magdalena last week and Emily says hi:) Also, you know I'm pretty tight with mark klaus? Sarah and I hang out with him and bekah quite a bit and we enjoy his Japanese flavor:)

Jane said...

That was a nice start Mandy. Can't wait to see more. I didn't know you had traveled with Kristen and Benj. How great!

T and M said...

Cass, I forgot about your Klaus connection ( : Thanks for telling me Hi from Em. I'm jealous you got to spend time with them!