8.04.2010

6yrs & Counting...

Last weekend we celebrated our 6 year anniversary by spending 6 hours in the car with Tait & Caleb driving home from vacation ( : I'm not complaining-really-it actually ended up being great reminiscing time! Some of our favorite memories from this year:

Mother's Day Weekend-an amazing B & B smack dab in the middle of a modern housing settlement built to resemble a farm-pretty cool



I like this pic b/c Trent was saying (through gritted teeth) "Honey, just take the picture-we're on display!" (and he was right-people were watching us curiously from their porch-but i had to get my camera settings just right!)


They had communal gardens that may or may not have inspired me into overspending on weird plants for my garden like swiss chard and 4 kinds of lettuce, none of which tasted good ( :


We ate supper at this quaint yacht club where they made their own pasta & the acoustic guitarist played random songs & made you guess the writer. He stumped us all with a Kris Kristoferson tune.


We snuck into the studio, checked out the house designs, and dreamed about what our future modern home would look like one day. I loved how small and reasonably priced some of the homes were, but decided I better not ever build one or I would become too attached.

Family Memories
Visiting T @ college-We cooked up some mean salmon and had the best gelato I've ever had.



One of T's fav things: putzing around in others' yards.


Celebrating Mom's 50th with a roller skating party


Tait gets a new cousin, Jasper!


Tianna gets a new chair!


And of course, enjoying our "cool" Master Mix dude. Every day is an adventure with Tait ( :


On a side note, I got to give Katelyn a hug last Sunday and reflect on what it'd be like to never see my 6th anniversary. Please pray for this little family-Katelyn, Arawyn, & Jaycee-now that their husband & papa is with Jesus, and pray for the revival that Jordan desired (http://jkschroeder.blogspot.com) Our God is mighty.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Amen. Eph 3:20-21

1 comment:

Jill said...

I must say, I hugged my hubby a little extra after hearing about Jordan Schroeder's death.

Great post, Mandy. Loved all the pictures. Especially you on the tire swing. You look beautiful.