8.09.2010

Sticky Brown Dilemma

These pics of Tait were from a while ago, but i saw each of these expressions today, and more...








This is the 2nd time this has happened, where tait "helped" change his diaper. Last week he pooped during nap time, where he was sleeping in just a diaper, so by the time i went in to get him up from his nap, he was diaperless and it was like an Easter Egg Hunt in August, except, well, not exactly easter eggs hiding in the rug. All week I would walk past his room, and tell by smell that i had missed a turd somewhere, and after scouring the room to no avail, i moved his crib out today to find it wedged between the mattress and crib slats. Gross.

This afternoon Tait helped again by taking off his shorts and smearing color everywhere-brown hands, brown diaper, brown Tait. Brown Mom when Tait surprised me by grabbing my capris. oh my...

So my dilemma is...
-does this mean i should start potty training? (wasn't planning on that til this winter)
-maybe i should be a little more strict on discipline for this kind of thing?
-Any suggestions???

My other dilemma is that after 1/2 hr of searching i still have not found Tait's stinky shorts that he took off today ) :

6 comments:

schlatter0225 said...

no advice from me yet! but thanks for a good laugh!

T and M said...

Mandy said that not only did I have to read the blog post (she wouldn't tell me outright what happened), but that it would help if i would sing her praises. I can't sing loud enough, and if I would have had to handle it, I would have either lost any food on hand in my stomach, probably come close to using language i don't want to use, or perhaps just sit down and scream/cry at the top of my lungs. Manders....you are not only my hero, but an amazingly gracious one at that. Love, your "at the moment of the incident" absent husband.

2Dimples4Me said...

Love the pics of the expressions! What a crazy kid! No advice from me yet...I have no clue what I would do. But I got a great laugh (too bad it was at your expense!) so thanks for that!!!

Jill said...

Oh my! That one can be a challenge. Maddie used to take her daiper off during naps. I chocked it up to her squirrel-ly personality. I used to spank for it, and be real serious with her about how 'dire' the situation was. She didn't stop doing it. The jury is still out on whether the discipline helped or didn't help.

Jane said...

No pictures to go with this post?? :-) I'd say start potty training. If he was talking, he'd be saying change me. That is a sure fire indication they are ready.

trish & kyle said...

1590 Wynkoop Apt 416
Denver, CO 80202

There ya go! Don't feel like you have to send us anything though!
Those baby faces made me laugh so so so hard!