3.10.2011

As for me & my house...

Trent had this great idea to have an evening where we dedicated Indigo to the Lord. We'd never formally done this with Tait, so we included him too. It was really neat. Basically, we just sang a little & read a couple Bible passages, including the story of Samuel being given into the Lord's service by Hannah, then prayed over each of them & anointed them with (baby) oil ( :

Tait didn't really want to hear about Samuel-he kept trying to turn the pages to Jonah-his latest story obsession!


 This photo made me smile. I love Trent's passion for prayer. I also love Tait's ornery side-I can tell he is just going crazy trying to figure out how to make a mess with the baby oil ( :

Tait helped me pray over Indigo too. I love the prayers in Stormie Omartian's book "Power of a Praying Parent", especially the idea of committing our children to the Lord's care. It's way too stressful to worry, and I can start to go down that road sometimes, thinking "what if Tait drops Indigo down the stairs" or "what if Indigo grows up to be ultra-rebellious"? It's so comforting to remember that Jesus loves my children more than I do & he is sovereign & trustworthy.

The kids looked like greaseballs for the next 3 days from the oil in their hair! Their greasy hairdos were great reminders for me, though, because every time I saw them I remembered that they're the Lord's, not because Trent & I dedicated them, but because He created them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megs said...

what an awesome thing this is going to be for your family!! i can't wait to see how God is going to use your children (you and trent too!) for His kingdom work!! you guys are such blessings!

love and prayers!

Unknown said...

Precious! And great pictures!

Jon y Amy said...

Mandy, what a great idea. We thought about doing it at the girls' first birthday but didn't know how to go about it. You provide good inspiration to do it, how powerful! Although oil in The Littles hair would be nothing new for them, they would think I was just stying it. :)

T and M said...

your right, Amy, they'd think you just got new product ( :