2.24.2013

on gifts, knots, & motherhood



Sweet little miss-she really is a gift (and she knows it: "I is so cute" has been heard lately around our house)


Tait is so into knots he is tying everything around our house & it's driving me batty. As if I'm not feeling scatterbrained enough, I am trying to open doors and finding them literally TIED SHUT! According to Gma Kay he gets it honest from his papa! This made me laugh-he really did tie his legs together & then couldn't get it undone!  "Hey Mom, I need help, get me outta here!"

I've been thinking a lot about motherhood lately too. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant...perhaps because it's that time of year when Trent & I try to get away for a night & set family goals...maybe it's because it's what I do everyday...Regardless, the Lord has really encouraged me in several different ways in my role as Mom & it's been the best thing that could happen smack dab in the middle of my winter stuck-in-the-house-with-2-hooligans blahs. This article was helpful as well:
"Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. Your testimony to the gospel in the little details of your life is more valuable to them than you can imagine. If you tell them the gospel, but live to yourself, they will never believe it. Give your life for theirs every day, joyfully. Lay down pettiness. Lay down fussiness. Lay down resentment about the dishes, about the laundry, about how no one knows how hard you work.
Stop clinging to yourself and cling to the cross. There is more joy and more life and more laughter on the other side of death than you can possibly carry alone." -Rachel Jankovic
Read the full article Motherhood is a calling (and where your children rank) . And be encouraged, mamas!

4 comments:

smw said...

this was REALLY good. i need to read it over and over, i think.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy-- just looked at your blog today and found this post. Wow, that is such good advice for mothers. I need to copy it and put it on my wall; by wall, I mean the walls of my house, the kind I grew up with. ;) Love the pics of the kiddos and can't wait to see them in person, plus your little one! I've had a daughter or two who walked around telling me how cute they were too. In fact, one even told me she would be getting married soon because she was so cute. Unfortunately, only humidity, rather than humility, runs high around this house. Love to you all. :) A. Jana

T and M said...

A Jana, I am still giggling about your humidity comment : ) Looking forward to a summer visit!

Anonymous said...

HaHa, Mandy, I can just hear you giggling. :) Gotta love this wet island country. It's exciting that we actually have our ticket reservations for going over there! I think we may have some culture shock again though with it being 3 years since we've been to the States and with all we've gone through here in the last couple years....but God will be our help as always!

Sarah got right busy and printed up that excerpt from your post-- she made it look very neat and easy to read and it's now on my kitchen wall. My eyes fall on certain parts of it throughout the day and it's been good reminders/encouragers.

Love you all,

A. Jana