2.16.2013

The Lord's Faithfulness & winter blahs

T & I would call this a "learning winter". Full of chances to talk through deep things we don't exactly agree on, deal head-on with some fears (mostly mine) & embrace the chance to trust a Faithful God through all circumstances (how Faithful is He? see Eph 3:14-21). The Lord keeps using others around me to remind me of His faithfulness as well. And...I can honestly say that even though I'm excited for spring, "learning winters" are great in their own way.

Can't say that all my strategies have worked 100%, but here's what the kiddos & I have been doing to combat the winter blahs:

Tried to improve at something: for me, that was photographing outside in the snow. Got a ways to go, but i had a cute model ( :



 Celebrated anything & everything! Indigo is certainly a great reason to celebrate!


 Relaxed my cooking standards. Who's to say you can't combine lunch + bathtime?


Enjoyed friends. Several of us that know Mary got together to celebrate her b-day. Mary should have a birthday more often!


Hung out with sibs. Yay for sibling bash! We stayed overnight @ Jerms & Marias. My only regret is going to bed early & missing out on seeing my brothers show off their dancing skills. Supposedly Cam can even do the "worm"!?


On a night I was nauseous & T had snow removal, the kiddos and I went out for a rare splurge of supper out. I had a good coupon so the kids ate free, and I didn't have to cook my salmon myself-bonus! How can 2 kiddos be so angelic in the van on the way there & so terrible in the restaurant? Tait startled the table next to us ( and me) with spontaneous barking! BARKING!?!





Valentines! We used this picture of Captain Tait with a cute cheesy one liner & a golden coin for a valentine.



Exercise! Seems like the most effective way to deal with the winter blahs but it's so hard to do when I'm  preggo & nauseous. Trent was home with the kids for 1 1/2 hrs on a saturday morning while i went to aerobics. When I got home & asked indigo how it was going, she announced " I am being naugh-ty and habing a bad att-tude". Trent agreed, and I noticed he was being a bit growly...so I told him to have some coffee...and that's when I noticed what he'd written on his coffee mug. Snicker, snicker ( :



Anybody else have some good suggestions for dealing with winter blues? Tait's been dreaming about what we're going to put in our garden...Spring, come soon!


7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, I can SO relate! And yay for lunch in the bathtub!

So far this winter we've been regulars at the library, and have recently taken up finger painting. :)

Hope you start to feel better soon. Feeling nauseous would make the blahs so much worse!

(Great snow pics of Tait, by the way!)

T and M said...

Vanessa, I've always been scared of the mess of finger painting, but it sounds fun right now! thanks for the encouragement on the snow pics. I've realized that i get insanely bored by editing so i'm trying to just get better at taking pictures i like sans edits.

emilykate said...

We bought a new fun board game to try to divert ourselves from getting trapped in front of the TV every night. Winter is so hard!

T and M said...

Emily, can I ask what board game? we need some new ones...although Trent usually calls them "bored" games, I love them!

smw said...

these were such fun ideas. you're so fun. :)

Mouseymom said...

hahahahaha! I love that he was barking!!! toooo funny! I think I "get" your children.. they seem a bit too much like mine!

We love to amuse ourselves by watching youtube clips all sorts of random things.. lego building, funny cats--(that is our favorite, kids singing etc)

T and M said...

good idea on the youtube clips! i just figured out how to make an easy slideshow from this last year's pictures & videos, and the kids have been enjoying that too ( :