Moved into our new place & a photo in front of the yellow door that i adore
(photo credit to A Mary on date night!)
I love this picture for so many reasons! It just reinforces that no family is perfect, ours included : ) Indigo insisted on wearing her dress backwards that day. Tait has his finger up his nose! Nice. I'm wearing what fits, and I think the new neighbors are on to my game of switching my outfit every couple days between the 2 things I can wear comfortably right now. I've been telling people to call me Jabez because the Lord has "enlarged my territory"! It never feels worth it to buy new clothes at this point in the game. Trent, well trent is close to perfect so nothing to say there. Thankful for a new home sweet home with people I love & we keep praying that we will use what we have to glorify the Lord.
A couple pics of moving day, only wish I had more pics of all the rest of the help we had before & after the day! If you're reading this, a sincere thank you. Meals, packing, swim dates, babysitting, lawn mowing, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc! I am so grateful & I think I will be much more sensitive to the needs of pregnant mommas in transition in the future, as many people helped me in ways I did not even anticipate.
Trent's deer & fish take charge of a pickup load of stuff
A little nervous about riding passenger to such reckless drivers!
The mommas in our empty kitchen
One of the last hurrahs, I just couldn't quite junk it (more on that later)
And finally, some goodbyes. Friends who are also moving (albeit a lot farther away) recommended walking through our house room to room and sharing memories & favorites:
We loved our backyard, all seasons. The kids spent a lot of time out there.
Trent made this little bubbler under a favorite tree. Tait & Indigo would end up completely wet but had a lot of fun.
Our back patio. Lots of snacks & play time there, and before kids, T & I spent a lot of time out there talking.
As one of our neighbors said, "Love grows best in small houses" : ) Special memories of bringing our kids home to this house as little babes.
Stone pathway, always fun to walk with the kids.
Part of the edible landscape. After a couple years of effort, our asparagus finally grew!
Birthday hot tub. This one makes me smile. Trent got a hot tub from a client for free & gave it to me for my bday, allthough maintaining it got pretty expensive (now everyone else who owns hot tubs is smiling!). However, it was fun quality time for a season & we enjoyed all the drop-in visitors we had who stopped by to use our hot tub when it was in it's prime!
A cool retro stove from Great Gma. It had been a gift from my Great Gpa to Gma for an anniversary. We loved it & used it all the time for entertaining, cooking, canning, etc...I thought I'd get rid of it when we moved but couldn't quite do it...it's now in our new garage for canning on.
Not a very good pic but one of the reasons we fell in love with our old place. Big windows, lots of light, hardwood floors hiding under scrubby carpet, and a big dining room for sharing meals & having people over. Sadly I did not get a picture of our kitchen. We did a lot of hands-on remodeling work & learned lots of lessons first hand!
The bushy walkway around our house. Trent told me that every landscape needs a mystery, and this always felt a little bit of a mystery...what was behind the gate?
Trent was a little taken aback at his crying pregnant wife and blamed it on hormones, but really, the goodbyes were a good idea, not to elevate stuff or possessions or even experiences, but just to rejoice in a sweet season of life and give thanks back to the Lord for the last several years, asking HIM to use us in however He chooses in the future.










1 comment:
beautiful. all of it.
Post a Comment