9.04.2014

catching up & fainting goats


When one hasn't blogged in 4 months, it's hard to know where to start. This summer held a lot for us-weddings, relationship time, kids growing up, family vacations, memories, 10 YEARS TOGETHER whoop whoop, etc! Not sure i'll ever get the blog caught up on everything so i'll just start with some recent pics: 

zoo trip with aunt sherry-a motivation for some memory work with the kids. Aunt Sherry loves the zoo & we loved having her.





Erik/Carrie/Savannah/Jonas/Claire/Larissa/Luke/Nat/Richard/Moses we were wondering if you have these red-billed hornbills in Zambia?



and yes, on to an important recent interest of mine: goats. Or rather, the fact that we don't have any & I'd like two pets. Someone recently tried to convince me that nigerian (or was that namibian?) pygmy fainting goats are the way to go.

I know, i know...they get out all the time, they eat your plants (and that definitely wouldn't fly with trent), cost a lot to feed, can be hard to milk, and so on. Plus we live in town. Plus we don't really have enough room. PLEASE do regale me with crazy stories about your cousin's grandma's neighbors' goats-because I need to get over this little weird kick. It does help when I think of dear Snoopy who thought he was a dog, never let aunt sherry sneak a walk by herself, and ended up in the freezer. Really, they just seem like FUN right now. We are wanting a pet and the beta fish is not cutting it. 

I love this picture-either tait or indigo took it



random. miss indi into fingernail painting any way she can  : )   garage sale stickers work

otherwise, life is falling into our new fall routine: work, cooking, homeschooling, time with people, our family, enjoying last moments of summer, birthdays, etc, knowing that all of life is preparation for eternity. Enjoying Jesus and the amazing gift of these days he has given us, and the glory of salvation and looking forward to one day being presented spotless because of the sacrifice of another-and for the glory of another. Jude 1:24-25 has a hold on me lately-I just keep reading it in amazement.   Meanwhile trent & I keep talking about how life plays out and whether we are using what we've been given wisely, trying to listen carefully to what that still small voice is saying. 



1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Adorable kids :)

Love that last paragraph perspective!