9.22.2014

Goats part 2

So Trent & I talked some more about pets, and agreed that if we could just find someone to board our pet goat(s) at their place, we could have a pet. I know you are shocked that so far no one has come forward to support this venture! 

And I know I'm not helping my case here, but Ti sent me this hysterical (at least t & i thought it was funny when we watched it late one night) video that did sway me a bit. I am now considering the fact that I already have lots of noise in my life and may not really be ready for more. (sibs, can't you just hear mom saying "who's making noise?!?"  Yes, Mom, now it's me!)



At this point you may be asking yourself "why does Mandy even have a blog & when is she going to write a real post?" Believe you me, sometimes i wonder the same thing. One problem-or really a small obstacle-is that I started shooting RAW with my camera, and now my pics go to Lightroom, and it's tedious to export & upload them to blogger. I need a workaround for that if anyone has suggestions. I could store them in IPhoto AND Lightroom, but that seems like a lot of memory used. Personally, words follow pics for me so I don't end up posting when I can't easily upload pics (and no, so far I don't have a smartphone by choice, but those days are prob numbered). 

I also think a lot about privacy (how much to share/talk about our family) and what is most beneficial to share, esp as my kids get bigger. So, I guess I'm saying that I'm not sure what my blog will be when it grows up, but i haven't completely given up on it, just re-thinking the when/how/why. 

Any thoughts on blog privacy? Or pet goats, for that matter? Who wants to keep our little goat flock at your place?   : )

7 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

that video is hysterical. :)

emilykate said...

I had some foster parents that had goats. They were bellowing ALL THE TIME. It drove me crazy and it's then I knew I could never have goats. :)

As far as security with privacy, I'm pretty loose with that because my very tech-savvy husband has convinced me people worry way too much about that. As far as sharing about children's lives...good thing to think through. :)

Nichole said...

Paul and I have had the same thought about goats - if we could find someone to board them....we could invest in a plot of land together in the country and start a little goat business! :) As far as with blogging about your kids. I try to run it through the filter of "if they read this later in life, will it hurt them, or help them?"

sarah.flyingkites said...

Agree with Nicole's comment completely on kid stuff! I use that filter often!

T and M said...

Thanks, all for the feedback!

Emily, the thought of being at work with bellowing goats in the background makes me instantly irritable! Glad for your thoughts on privacy too.

Nichole, I had no idea we were crazy-goat-loving-friends. I'm pretty sure your side yard could support a little herd : ) I think you & Sarah are on the right track with your "kid filter", good to keep in mind.

Unknown said...

Emily, what you said is so funny and so true. We are watching the Wiegands right now and sharing a house/porch/yard with 2 parrots, 2 pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 mice (disgusting) and a tortoise.
From day 1 I've said no pets, and after this week I'm even more convinced.
Mandy, maybe you can find a community barn to house them in...

T and M said...

oh Nat, i am laughing at the thought of you & Luke plus all those animals! have you realized that it's kind of like Noah's Ark? You are living with your children & about 2 of every other living kind!

And Nat, all this goat talk made me think of that time we went running-actually you were running & i was jogging and i kept thinking you were calling my name when it was really the neighbors goat up on the stile bellowing "maaah-y, maaaahhh-y!"??? trent laughed so hard at that story and i can't believe i forgot it til now.