After a great holiday stretch full of meaningful celebration & family time, I decided to plan a "nothing weekend" {defined by nothing on the calendar} sometime in January. With a stomach bug upon our clan, that weekend kind of just planned itself the past couple days! I would never wish sickness on anyone, especially my kids, but the rest, reflection, & general laying around is good for all of us once in a while. (Tait yesterday: "I don't know what I ate too much of, but I ate too much of something!") So here I am on a sunday afternoon in a quiet house, sorting thru a couple old pictures and feeling so thankful.
Indigo trying out a hula hoop this summer.
We got to enjoy some time with Trent's parents & Derek when he came for a visit.
Hey there, blue eyes! Sweet little redhead.
Sometimes you just have to halt the housework & take a picture of something beautiful.
A fancy supper to celebrate Trent's birthday. This man is a hero and the kids loved making supper fancy with pie & cloth napkins to let daddy know how awesome he is.
love this
A fun chance to snap a sibling photo. My brothers look so handsome here! And Nat & Ti, you guys look cute too. I so appreciate my fam.
10 years! 10 and a half by now, actually. We got to celebrate with some dear friends on a cruise which i plan to post about eventually. Trent surprised me by wearing a tux on one of the Cruise Elegant nights, and this was a quick shot on a windy deck. I'm so thankful for Trent-he is godly, mature, creative, and makes me laugh like no one else. Indi said this picture "does not look like mommy & daddy"?
Thankful, too, for what the Lord is doing in your life, my life, and the way He holds the world together. His ways are good and more & more I see the beauty of the amazing gift of my sins being forgiven and new life. He truly is making all things new. Cheers to a new year infused with grace








2 comments:
Mandy, this post is so fun. I love the shots of your family, especially Olive's hair. Ha!
This was such a great post. And I'll have to agree - I love having the excuse to REST. It's amazing.
That last pic is GORGEOUS.
Post a Comment