11.01.2014

October 31st

We love costumes & candy around here. Well, everyone except trent-he likes candy and tolerates costumes quite good-naturedly.

Tait helps with "face paint" and indi's eyebrows became quite expressive.


Here we have 1 little raccoon, a pot-bellied dragon, 1 scurvy pirate, and i went as a Jedi pirate because even though I originally dressed as a scurvy pirate the only sword I could find at the last minute was a green light saber. I even took the time to make a felt eye patch only to forget to wear it for the picture or for Halloween. 




Yup, you've been warned : )


Check out the cute coon tail here going on!





And we had some visitors! Notice that Tait's face paint had increased substantially by this point in the evening of his own accord.





We missed getting a photo of Cam & Vikram, but that's what they get for not dressing up!

I tried to reverse trick or treat & pass out candy to our neighbors, but they really wouldn't take any. Since we are still getting to know them, we also passed out little notes that basically said that Jesus loves them & that we would love to study & learn more about this God/Man Jesus Christ with whomever might be interested. We don't want to be pesky but it is hard for us to live next to people without asking them if they want to grow in faith with us. I was humbled when some new neighbors that I had met once recognized us & knew all 3 of my kids' names. 

We are still working on getting the rest of the so called washable marker off Tait's face. A little memento left for church tomorrow  : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun costumes. Marlise, Grandma S, and the rest of your visitors are super cute. Give the kids a hug from me, especially that little raccoon :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

These are soooo adorable. Love how you let T do the artwork on his sisters face.

I think you and I have the same view on dressing up ....and it looks like our husbands do too :)

leah said...

this is SO cute :)

^^sarah, i was thinking the same thing!