Anyways, the joke on the kids this year was a giant job list. Don't worry, it's not a Jimmy Kimmel I-ate-all-your-halloween-candy kind of thing! Not that mean.
It's actually my spring cleaning list with a couple goals sprinkled in, and a trip to the zoo as motivation. We will probably do about 50% of it but if the weather's nice, all bets are off.
Me: "Ok kids, we have a couple jobs to do today."
Tait: "Woah, mom, that is a lot of jobs...."
He waxes a bit more dramatic and eventually falls on the floor. My fav is Indigo's incredulous look in the background at aalllllllllll the jobs! An incredulous princess, in fact, hhaha!
As soon as I announced it was April Fool's Day we laughed and Tait rushed off muttering something about traps....and the rest of the day was all about trapping his family, tricking them, & corny jokes. The neighbor brought us a tray of "brownies" and offered me one (under the tin foil was a bunch of cut out letters and he handed me a brown letter "E".) Cute! On April 2nd Tait asked if we could celebrate April Fools Week! Um, no.
Anyways, this week I have been thinking more about fools, and it makes me think of the famous Jim Elliot quote from "Shadow of the Almighty" that I thought I discovered : ) and had on my bulletin board when I was in high school- "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". The incredible magnitude of the gift of grace & forgiveness that Jesus offers is breathtaking & breath-giving at the same time. Happy Easter, all! What a great chance to celebrate Jesus' victory & share the excitement of looking forward to His return!



6 comments:
I am in the camp with Trent, no practical jokes, please! but yours were pretty cute :)
And in high school, I had that same quote hanging up where I could see it daily, too!
oh my word, this totally cracked me up!! :)
So cute and great quote. :)
oh that picture is PRICELESS! totally LOL'ed. can't wait to have kids old enough to april fool! :)
Hahaha. . I think it's a gene in your DNA that's been turned "on" since birth.. to keep people like trent and I on our toes a little. . Apparently it's being passed on to the next generation. . Yikes!
ha, a practical joker gene! i like that Maria : )
Post a Comment