1.16.2012

unexpected answer to prayer

Just a little story about how God is so great in the little details of our lives. About 1 year ago I started to really develop a passion for sharing the Gospel story with others around me. Even though I've been a christ-follower for over 15 years & like to talk about how Jesus is molding me, I have not always felt so strongly & passionately about talking to others about Jesus in their life, for various reasons. So I started praying for the Lord to bring some people into my life who had a desire to hear about the story of Jesus---and of course He did  ( :
This little guy! About 9mos ago he became really interested in hearing about the Bible & talking about Jesus. Every day I'm getting the chance to share the Gospel, and he has lots of questions ( : Even though God has given me opportunities with others as well, teaching little t-bug has been one of the most meaningful parts of my year. It probably seems obvious to you but it wasn't how I thought God would answer my prayer.



I like the way little t keeps me focused too. He talks about heaven a lot & how he is really excited to see Jesus, and why can't we all go now? Granted, I can get a little freaked out by that kind of talk from my son, but really- that's the natural conclusion of the Gospel message, to want to experience the bliss of the best wedding feast ever in the land where we will need no sun because God is our light.

And, to be clear, in the picture above, I don't think t was thinking about heaven-he was actually enamored by the blow-up santas outside the building ( :

I'd love to hear some ways that you all have scheduled Bible time during the day with your kids. I'd like to have more of a plan. This morning we read a story & acted it out, and over the holidays we did a lot of stories with Tait's new nativity. Any more suggestions?

P.S. Don't think my kid is some little angel all the time, even though he's a lot of fun. Another post I've had brewing in my head iincludes some pictures of t's naughtiness over the holidays, and there was a lot of material to work with ( :


5 comments:

smw said...

we don't do anything creative, really, but we do little devotions at the supper table and read a Bible story before bed each night. i hope others have some creative ideas for you, although it sounds like you're pretty creative yourself!

Vanessa said...

This is a topic I'm curious about too! My Bible story time with 10 month old Eden is just around the corner, I'm sure. Thanks for the inspiring post! :)

Jon y Amy said...

I love this. I love that you prayed for the opportunity and how you recognized it in Tait. Very thought-provoking.

Jill Merkle said...

Mandy - that is so awesome about Tait's interest & understanding. I have no precise method, except I try to work the Bible's messages into everyday conversation. When I plan bible lessons and things get chaotic, I get mad at the kids for Not Listening To The Bible. Great example, I am! I try to go with the flow & take time for opportunities when they come up.

We also read 'My ABC Bible Verses', by Susan Hunt, after dinner some times. We've been thru it several times. It has questions at the end of the stories which the kids love to answer. So that's what we do. It's interesting to see what others do too.

T and M said...

thanks for the thoughts & ideas, ladies!